Monocromo Blogging Theme
Themeforest Monocromo Blogging Theme
Monocromo is a Tumblr Theme designed to be lightweight and minimal but also high impact ad customizable.
This theme is coded in html5 + css3 and every functionality of Tumblr is supported.
Monocromo use Chunk from The League of Movable Type as custom font, and fancybox as jquery script to show high resolution images from Photo Post.
This theme is fully customizable, you can pick the color you want as dominant color.
Monocromo supports Twitter integration, Flickr stream, Disqus comment system, Google Analytics, Streampad player, Fancybox and every native Tumblr feautures!
You can visit a demo page at http://monocromotheme.tumblr.com/
Version 1.1
New in this version
- Google+ Integration
- Several Layout Improvements
- Support for new Photogallery object
- Note list layout improved
Bugfixes
- Multiline Title issue with tags
- Social share buttons position
- Notes count improved
- Username for Question Posts fixed
- Multiline Link post issue
- Closing quote position
Version 1.2 (08.08.11)
Bugfixes
- Note count alignment
- In article html elements rendering improved
Real nice. You just hurt my eyes! JK
ReplyDeletePretty nice!
Thank you xDeeps,
ReplyDeleteactually this theme is conceived to be high impact
I plan to make the next ones less peculiar,
if you think you can like them more, stay tuned!
Nice theme. But why you are saying in Browser Compatible table that it’s working in FF2 ? It’s broken and unfortunetly all HTML5 themes are broken in FF2 because of major rendering bug. And only way to show html5 correctly in FF2 – use div instead of header, footer, section, article… elements
ReplyDeleteJust checked and you’re right Kindermix, I’m really really sorry, I made a mistake while selecting the browsers.
ReplyDeleteActually I never check for firefox 2 compatibility since its share is so low, but I’m working right now on a non-HTML5 version o this theme to include older browsers.
I’m really sorry if this caused you any problems, if it’s the case, I will work more on this theme to give you a Firefox 2 compatible version as soon as I can, just let me now.
Thank you for pointing out this mistake.
I have tried copying and pasting the text into the “customize” box many times, following your instructions exactly. Nothing. Any hints?
ReplyDeleteSure !
ReplyDeleteJust, can you be a little more precise please…
are you saying you can’t install the theme at all ?
Or are you talking about some customization ?
Hey I just purchased the theme but I can’t extract the text to post to Tumblr. Please help!
ReplyDeleteHi jeremywill,
ReplyDeletethank you very much for your purchase!
There is a file called monocromo.tumblr inside the archive. Just open that file in a text editor of your choice ( Notepad for Windows or TextEdit for max would be fine ), then copy all the text and paste it in Tumblr.
You find the place to paste the theme in Cusomize -> Theme -> ( Use Custom HTML ) .
Hope this help, let me know
hello,
ReplyDeleteI have a question, is it possible to display more than 5 or 10 post per page?
thank you,
Harold
Hi harolddu03,
ReplyDeletesure, it depends on tumblr settings.
Check under Customize -> Advanced -> Post Count .
You can chose up to 15 post per page
When I copy and paste the code into the Custom HTML box this is how my page looks:
ReplyDeletehttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g32/kibanc/Screenshot2011-03-16at125235PM.png
Any ideas on why that’s happening?
Hi Ryan,
ReplyDeleteI’m not sure, it happens that sometimes the preview page doesn’t work perfectly…
How is your actual tumblr page ?
Hi there, love the theme. Three issues I’m having so far…
ReplyDelete1) When I upload my profile picture, no matter what, evne when I adjust the photo dimension settings in the HTML , it always takes my original photo and thumbnails it down to a low res 47×47 thumbnail, then enlarges it to the dimensions in the code. Is that anything I can control? I’m new to Tumblr so I don’t know much about it.
2) When adding social network links, every time they’re clicked on it takes me to a wrong page because it duplicates the link. i.e. http://www.facebook.com/user is what I input in the settings and the URL it takes me to is http://www.facebook.com/http://www.facebook.com/user. It does this for Youtube, Vimeo, etc. All of them, it duplicated the url, even when I shorten what I enter to just my username
3) Is it possible to have my Twitter feed on the right side bar display the newest posts on the top instead of the bottom?
Any suggestion on how to fix these, por favor? Otherwise, I love the theme! Thank you!
Oh yeah, I should point out this is on the new Firefox 4, so this could very wel be an issue since it’s so new
Hi, I’m glad you like this theme.
ReplyDeleteAbout your issues:
1) The theme is actually designed to output the profile picture in a 48px square. This is to fit well in the sidebar. If you want you can look for this string in the source code:
{PortraitURL-48}
and change it to something else, maybe {PortraitURL-64} if you want it bigger.
You can use 16 24 30 40 48 64 96 and 128
2) you said is ok now, right ?
3)It should already be like that, I will take a look about what can cause this issue.
I don’t think can be FF4 fault … thank you again for your appreciation about the theme and for your feedback, I will let you know something about the twitter widget issue
Thought I should note that #2 is working properly now. So please disregard. Still curious about the other two, though
ReplyDeleteI am having the same problem that Ryan Polly is having. My actual tumblr doesn’t display anything either. Please help.
ReplyDelete